Reasons to File a Report
- You're a sponsor and you believe a refund is required because (1) a sponsorship creator failed to follow through on promises and/or guarantees made in their sponsorship opportunity post or (2) you paid for a fraudulent or otherwise misleading sponsorship. In this case, sponsors and sponsorship creators should work together to ensure that both parties are satisfied with sponsorship terms; a report should only be filed as a last resort when/if communications have broken down.
- You believe someone is impersonating another user, person, or organization to defraud users and/or receive sponsorship funds.
- You believe someone is violating the Code of Conduct in some other way.
Filing a Report
If you need to file a report with us, do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe anyone is in physical danger, please notify appropriate emergency services first.
Reports will be kept confidential. In the event that a public statement is made, identities of victims and reporters will remain confidential unless we are otherwise instructed by the involved parties.
In your report, please include:
- Your contact information (so that we can follow up with you)
- Your unique user ID in Looking For Sponsor, which can be found on your account page
- The unique user ID of the user you are reporting, if applicable
- The ID of the opportunity in question, if applicable
- The ID of the payment in question, if applicable
- A description of the suspected violation
- Whether or not this suspected violation is ongoing
- Any other information, details, or context you believe is relevant to the suspected violation.
What happens after you file a report?
You will receive an email from Ubiquitools (the company that created Looking For Sponsor) within 48 hours, after we have had time to review the incident.
Our response to the report will vary based upon our evaluation of the incident. Our responses may include:
- Nothing (if we determine that no code of conduct violation occurred)
- A private reprimand and/or warning for the person(s) or organization involved
- A public reprimand for the person(s) or organization involved
- Temporary ban for the person(s) or organization involved
- Permanent deletion of involved account
Reporting Guidelines are derived from those of the Django Software Foundation. Changes were made where appropriate to make this Code of Conduct more applicable to Looking For Sponsor.