A primary goal of Looking For Sponsor and Ubiquitools, LLC (the company that created Looking For Sponsor) is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who use Looking For Sponsor and/or bizb.io, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in Looking For Sponsor to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Alert us if you notice violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors are expected and requested by anyone sponsoring an opportunity posted on Looking For Sponsor (whether they have paid via the Looking For Sponsor website or through other means):
- Engage with sponsorship creators in a polite, professional, and honest way.
- Adhere to any conditions and/or rules defined in sponsorship descriptions.
- Read sponsorship opportunities thoroughly and completely prior to purchasing a sponsorship.
The following behaviors are expected and requested by anyone creating and posting opportunities on Looking For Sponsor:
- Engage with sponsors in a polite, professional, and honest way.
- Accurately and honestly communicate the benefits, conditions, locations, times, rules, and other important details associated with your sponsorship opportunity.
- Fulfill any and all promises and/or guarantees made in your sponsorship post.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Impersonation of another user, person, or organization.
- Abuse of the reporting system for personal gain.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
The following behaviors by sponsors are unacceptable within our community:
- Paying to sponsor an opportunity and cancelling payment after receiving marketing or other benefits from that sponsorship.
- Falsely accusing a sponsorship creator of failing to fulfill the promises and/or guarantees made in their post in order to receive a refund.
The following behaviors by anyone creating and posting sponsorships are unacceptable within our community:
- Creating posts for the purpose of soliciting personal financial assistance with no benefit to sponsors. This does not apply to nonprofit/charity organizations asking for donations.
- Falsely representing the benefits, conditions, locations, times, rules, and other important details associated with your sponsorship opportunity.
- Changing advertised sponsorship benefits, conditions, locations, times, rules, and other important details after receiving sponsor funding without warning and/or discussion with sponsors of that opportunity.
- Accepting payments for another user, person, or organization without their express consent.
- Promoting or suggesting illegal activity, including trading of illegal goods and services.
4. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and sponsorship creators, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
We reserve the right to delete accounts and remove posts that violate this Code of Conduct.
5. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible. We can be contacted using the information provided at the bottom of this page. Please review our reporting guidelines
for further information on reporting breaches of the Code of Conduct.
6. Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify us with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing policies. We can be contacted using the information provided at the bottom of this page.
We expect all community participants to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues -- online and in-person -- as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
8. Contact Info
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. License and Attribution
Portions of text derived from Citizen Code of Conduct. Changes were made where appropriate to make this Code of Conduct more applicable to Looking For Sponsor. The Citizen Code of Conduct is distributed by Stumptown Syndicate under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Portions of text derived from the Django Code of Conduct and the Geek Feminism Anti-Harassment Policy.
Revision 2.3. Posted 6 March 2017.
Revision 2.2. Posted 4 February 2016.
Revision 2.1. Posted 23 June 2014.
Revision 2.0, adopted by the Stumptown Syndicate board on 10 January 2013. Posted 17 March 2013.